Saying Goodbye . . .

Saying Goodbye . . . By Leslie Sturgeon   On May 6th, my life forever changed. My Mom, Dianne Davis, passed away somewhat unexpectedly. Many of you got to know my Mom over the years when she was much more active in Women Inspiring Women. Cancer took a toll on her the last few years and she wasn’t able to come to many events but she was instrumental in helping me launch the organization. She believed in me when others didn’t … [Read more...]

Member News & Happenings – 4/16

April 2016   DEBBIE KARDASESKI Debbie Kardaseski, owner of Debbie K Graphics, is finally beginning to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a “starving artist”! Well, hopefully not exactly starving — but it may be a good opportunity to lose some weight! This past year has seen some major changes in Debbie’s life. After a long and heroic battle against cancer, her Dad passed away on July 1, 2015. To every cloud there is a silver lining … [Read more...]

Member News and Happenings

March 2016   CANDICE BENSON Candice Benson of Benson Consulting and a member of the New Hampshire High Tech Council’s TechWomen has announced their first ever TechWomen / TechGirls annual luncheon and networking event. This will take place on Wednesday, April 6th from 11:30 to 2:00 at LaBelle Winery in Amherst. Full details and registration are available on their website HERE. CLAIRE MOORHEAD Many of you may remember Claire from … [Read more...]

February 2016 MARGARET ANN INNIS Margaret Ann Innis of Decorate to Sell has announced her upcoming Home Staging: The Basics and Business Class at Northern Essex Community College in North Andover, MA beginning March 1st. Classes are Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. until April 12th. Learn to use existing furniture, basic staging & interior decor principles to stage a home for sale.  You’ll also explore pricing, business … [Read more...]

Why Women Inspiring Women?

A Note From Leslie Sturgeon, WIW Founder I am the woman I am today because of the other women I met along my journey! Plain and simple truth. As a young 22-year-old entrepreneur, I knew that in order to succeed I needed to learn from those who blazed a trail before me, not just from my parents who were life-long business owners. It was 1989 when I started my first service business and in the small community of the Lakes Region there were … [Read more...]

What’s Up With A Male Speaker at a Women’s Event??

I wanted to address something that has come to my attention recently - the fact I have hired a male speaker for our NH Conference for Women in November.  Why on earth would I do such a thing - after all, this is a women's conference?! Believe me, I did contemplate how this would be received. But the fact of the matter is, Jack Canfield is world renowned and holds the record for the most number of books at once on the NY Times Bestseller List … [Read more...]

June 2015   DONNA TOBEY Donna Tobey is the featured speaker at an IPPW event on Wednesday, June 17th in Portsmouth. Imagine a life filled with possibilities! In fact, what if we created our own Palace filled with Possibilities? What would it look like? How many rooms would it have? What would it be made of? How high would it be? What foundation will you build upon?  As co-creators of our own lives, we have abilities to construct … [Read more...]

May 2015   SUSAN FITZELL (Aim Hi Educational Programs) CHARLENE DECESARE (Charlene Ignites Coaching) Susan Fitzell and Charlene DeCesare are combining their talents to bring you a “Story Retreat” on June 10 & 11th at the Penny House Inn, Cape Cod. Do you want to have your own book in your hands and make money in your sleep? If you have always wanted to write a book, here’s your chance to reach your goal! During this two day … [Read more...]

April 2015   Our members have so many cool things to share with you . . .   HEIDI LARAMIE Heidi's company, Baron's Major Brands Appliances, invites you to a Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce Meet and Greet on Wednesday, April 15th from 4:30 to 8:00 p.m. at their 225 Daniel Webster Highway (Route 3), Belmont store. Baron’s is the Lakes Region’s premier family-owned appliance, TV and mattress store.  Known for providing products … [Read more...]

March 2015 Our members have so much to celebrate and so many things to announce. CHERYL SNYDER Cheryl's company that brought you New Hampshire’s first mobile Glass Painting Party has expanded yet again! Drinkable Arts® will now be offering their signature glass painting fun at the first Drinkable Arts® Studio located at 100 Factory St, right in front of Clock Tower Apartments in Nashua. The BYOB studio will offer all 5 types of … [Read more...]