Author: Sharon Kaiser
It seems everywhere you look these days, people are dishing out feel-good mantras and their take on what will make you happy. It can be overwhelming. After all, how do we really know what works versus what doesn’t?
With life stress, chores and daily demands, it can be exhausting to cut through the clutter. Reaching happiness can be stressful, especially if you get tossed the wrong nugget of wisdom, which sends you spiraling backward.
I’ve collected the best life advice to help you through any sticky patches. These 20 pieces of wisdom are good reminders to help keep a balanced perspective.
1. The sun will always rise. It is never too late to start over.
2. Children have great answers. Let them be your teachers.
3. Logic doesn’t solve problems of the heart.
4. Happiness isn’t outside of you.
5. Your heart will expand when it’s broken.
6. Do it now, before it is too late, because it will be too late.
7. If you feel pushed, you don’t have to make a choice. It’s not time to act. You will know when to say when.
8. Trust yourself.
9. Judging people for their choices says more about you than them. Compassion is essential for a peaceful life.
10. Love is greater than fear. Always choose love.
11. When you choose to be happy, it’s easier for others to be happy too.
12. Gratitude is the life force of everything.
13. It’s not life that matters but the courage you bring to it.
14. Comparing yourself to others makes your own successes and happiness scarce.
15. When you give without expecting anything, you increase your abundance.
16. Focus on what you want versus what you don’t.
17. People are who they are. Instead of trying to change them, accept them for who they are, as they are.
18. Freedom arrives when you release expectations.
19. Forgiveness has little to do with your past and everything to do with freeing up your future.
20. There is no there to get to. The journey is the real reward.
Shannon Kaiser has been labeled a modern thought leader on the rise by CafeTruth. She is the bestselling author of “Find Your Happy, an Inspirational Guide to Loving Life to Its Fullest,” and the founder of the website playwiththeworld.com, which was awarded Top 75 Best Personal Growth Websites and top 100 Self-Help Blogs on the internet by The Institute for the Psychology of Eating. Connect on her author Facebook Page @Shannon Kaiser Writes or Twitter.
She left her successful career in advertising to follow her heart and be a writer, life coach, inspirational speaker, travel writer and author. She is a five-time contributing author to Chicken Soup for The Soul. Shannon’s work has been featured in media outlets such as Good Morning America, Good Day New York, and Inside Edition. She’s writing her next book The Mental Makeover (Berkley/ Penguin Random House 2015).